The Shindig for February 2016 has been canceled due to snowy, muddy conditions. We’ll be sure to keep you posted as March rolls around but for now, grab those fat bikes, skis, or snow shoes, and get out and enjoy the snow!
Additional Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Shout out to the Rivers Edge and Boathouse Cantina. Through their 1% program, they have collected over $26,793 in 2015 (as of November) allowing us to build more trail! Please say thanks to Ray for supporting your trails when you see him. http://salidamountaintrails.
- If you still want to get out and ride bikes, there are a couple of fun fat biking events happening soon in the Arkansas Valley!
- February 17-21: https://www.facebook.com/
- February 26-28: https://www.facebook.com/
- The Salida Bike Park group is in the process of organizing to create an all-ages, all-ability bike park in the town of Salida. They hope to create a bike park that is fun to ride for everyone from wee ones on striders to expert jumpers. For more information, please join here: http://salidabikepark.org/
- If you haven’t already, we recommend purchasing a CORSAR card (http://colorado.gov/sar) which helps reimburse search and rescue teams within the state. Anyone who purchases a current hunting/fishing license, or boat, snowmobile, ATV registration already contributes to the fund.
- For those of you that plan ahead, May 14, 2016 is the date of SMT 2016 Membership Drive Party at River’s Edge. Can’t wait? Become a member now: http://salidamountaintrails.